- How can this keyboard be premium and different?
- How can this keyboard look beautiful and be fully functional?
- How can this keyboard be robust and feel amazing?
We NEVER ask
- How can we save money?
- How can we produce a cheaper design?
- How can we make this keyboard more available?
Our keyboards are for the 1% of users. I cannot stress this enough. Pearl Boards is not interested in turning a profit on a safe design. Pearl Boards is not interested in fulfilling a market gap. I am not interested in appealing to the masses. Once a realistic vision is realized, the next step is always PCB design.
- Broken out ISP header for force flashing
- Lighting such as RGB under glow
And then the 1% of additions added to our PCB's can be
- Locking indicator lights such as CAPS in various places (under the caps key)
- Haptic feedback built into the PCB
- Audio buzzers built into the PCB
- Various layouts supported such as 10U spacebars
- Rotary encoder support
- USB passthrough
- Audio DAC and jack for headphones
- Various PCB colors and minimal artwork
- Power indicator leds for user awareness
- Accessible Reset switch locations after full assembly
- Multiple layout accommodations (WKL, HHKB)
- Tight key tolerances for visual appeal
- Compact case design
- Steep typing angles
- Premium mounting options
- Large external weights
- CNC and laser engravings
- Limited edition markings
- Large accent pieces
- Good acoustics when typing
The plates made usually follow these principals
- Smart flex cuts for comfortable prolonged typing and feel
- Fixed and Universal layouts for customers to pick
- Large stabilizer cutouts
- Smart mounting points
- Half-plate options
- Visual art cutouts
- RGB diffusing polycarbonate parts
- 4mm locking indicator leds
- Build instructions and hand written notes
- Branded micro fibers
- Premium packaging
- Gold mounting hardware